PRIVACY & COOKIE
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information (including Personal Data) on several occasions when: (i) you place an order, (ii) participate in a survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards; (iii) you access our website; (iv) you communicate with us; (v) you respond to any marketing materials; (vi) you visit any of our offices, retail stores, warehouses, factories or other premises under our surveillance; (vi) when you link your social media accounts with us and; or (viii) you register for a service being offered by us or any of our group companies.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data from a number of sources, either directly from the data subjects, or from customers, colleagues and public sources. We may collect the following:
- Basic information (Name, age, gender, email address, phone number, etc.);
- Technical information (including Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Website or in relation to marketing emails we send to you;
- Usage data, such as information on how you use the website, products and services or view any content on the website, including the time spent on the Website, items and data searched for on the website, access times and dates, as well as website you were visiting before you came to the website and other similar statistics;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Website or with third party customer service providers;
- CCTV images in stores/warehouses and areas notified to be under surveillance; and
- Social Media account details used to access or link to our websites
- Additional information required for identity verification (such as copies of government issued identification, e.g. passport, ID cards, etc.)
- Any other information that you may provide to us.
Payment details saved will never be shared with third parties, and will only be used to process your order using our payment partner's system.
WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
The purposes for which we use data, and the legal bases for such processing, are as follows:
- To manage our business operations and customer relationships
- To fulfill orders and deliveries
- To make our web sites more personalized and easier to use.
- To protect the security of our sites and information technology systems
- To provide relevant marketing in tune with personal preferences.
- To ensure legal or regulatory compliance
- To respond to inquiries and provide customer service
- To consider individuals for employment opportunities and manage on-boarding procedures
We may use your Personal Data for the verification of identity, processing of orders, payments, marketing offers or internal analysis to provide you with a personalized shopping experience, communicating with you. Personal Data that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
We may process your information to provide you with, or enable our related corporations to provide you with, information, promotions and updates including advertising and marketing materials (“marketing material”) about our and/or our related corporations’ products and/or services as well as products and/or services of our and/or our related corporations' preferred merchants and strategic partners.
Subject to your specific consent, we may also facilitate for our and/or our related corporations’ preferred merchants and strategic partners to provide you with marketing material about their products and/or services, which may be of interest to or benefit you. The aforementioned information, promotions and updates, including advertising and marketing materials may be sent to you via any one or more of the following examples: phone calls, text messages, online banners, emails or via other internet, social or application-based messaging system or any other means of communication. We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any email we send will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the email. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Care.
HOW & WITH WHOM THIS INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We may share data with affiliates, group companies, suppliers, delivery partners, service providers, banks and payment partners and with regulatory authorities (if required).
WHAT ABOUT COOKIES?
Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or device used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer or device either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our Website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the Website. If you want to delete any cookies that are already present on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
HOW YOU CAN YOU ACCESS OR CHANGE THE PERSONAL DATA
If for any reason you are concerned that the Personal Data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or, where relevant, not up-to-date, and you wish to correct such Personal Data, you may make a request to us by contacting us at email@example.com. In relation to either a data access request or a data correction request, you should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of or, as the case may be, you want to have corrected, in any such request.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, although such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing occurring prior to such withdrawal; or request access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Data, or request for request that processing of your data may be restricted.
Please note that we may decline to comply with your data access request in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests from you for access to the same information which burden or expense of providing access is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR DATA
We may transfer Personal Data to jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country.
We take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use top notch secure encryption, which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorized use.
We typically retain Personal Data related to marketing activities for as long as you accept marketing communications from us, and we will securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law upon request
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
If you require more information, please go to the Contact Us section of the website and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "you", "your", "yours" refers to the customer/user of the website
- website means the website(s) belonging to GMG group of companies which may subject to change from time to time.
Where we receive data from you about other customers or other individuals, you are responsible for ensuring that any such data is transferred to us in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
While we endeavor to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others or cyber threats.
You also have an important role in protecting Personal Data. You should not share any username, password or other authentication data provided to you with anyone, and we recommend that you do not re-use passwords across more than one website or application. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and any disputes arising hereof shall be presented solely before Courts of Dubai.